Big Sky Versatile Gun Dog, LLC
dba Pretty Prairie Kennel
Puppy/Dog Purchase Agreement
This agreement is for the purchase of a German Shorthaired Pointer Puppy and/or Dog (hereinafter referred to as dog). Seller is referred to as Stephan L and Venus Rae Brown, owners of Big Sky Versatile Gun Dog, LLC, doing business as "Pretty Prairie Kennel."
1. For a total amount of $XXXX.XX,(please check with us regarding price) the Seller agrees to sell to Buyer one purebred German Shorthaired Pointer, Microchip # ______, registerable with the American Kennel Club (AKC) and North American Hunting Dog Association (NAVHDA). The Buyer shall pay a nonrefundable deposit, which shall be applied to the purchase price. The litter information for the dog is as follows: (Sire/Dam, information shall be inserted by Seller.)
2. Shipping: Buyer shall pay all shipping expenses, which includes but is not limited to, an airline approved shipping crate, airfare, veterinary exam and health certificate. All shipping costs shall be calculated from the point of origin, Helena, MT.
3.The Seller guarantees the dog is in good health at the time Buyer assumes ownership. The Seller shall provide a veterinary health exam at the time the Buyer takes ownership of puppy. The Buyer agrees to have the dog examined by a licensed veterinarian within 5 days of the receipt of the dog. If, as the result of the examination, the veterinarian determines the dog is not in good health, the Buyer shall return the dog to the Seller within 5 days of receipt of the dog. The Buyer shall provide the Seller with, upon return of dog, a written veterinarian certificate stating the dog had unsatisfactory health when examined. Seller shall refund the purchase price upon return of the dog. All transportation costs will be paid by the Buyer. Upon return of the dog and refund of the purchase price, this agreement is cancelled. 4.Buyer agrees that he or she will be the owner of the dog and is not acting as agent in the purchase of the dog for a person who is not a party to this contract. Buyer agrees they are not representing or acting as a "dog broker," for the purpose of reselling dog. 5.In the event the Buyer decides to sell, transfer, give away the dog the Seller shall have the first right of refusal. However, the Seller is not obligated to take ownership of the dog and there are NO monies refunded. 6.Buyer agrees the dog shall reside at the Buyers home, have a fenced yard, kennel, or boundary collar containment system. The Buyer promises the dog will not be chained or tethered, and will be provided with proper housing, a good quality diet, annuals shots and appropriate medical care and exercise.
7. Health Guarantee is for hips only: Buyer agrees to test dog's hip on or after the age of 4 months and prior to the age of 18 months using the Penn Hip testing method. (There is no exception, the hip evaluation must be done by Penn Hip certified veterinarian). Should the Penn Hip test report show evidence of Degenerative Joint Disease, DJD, Buyer shall provide the Seller test results provided by Penn Hip. Seller agrees to replace dog with equal or better quality, upon verification dog microchip #_______________ is spayed or neutered and returned to Seller. All veterinary fees required for the above procedure shall be paid for by Buyer. (Paragraph 7 is subject to availability of up-coming litters. Should there be NO future litters there is NO replacement puppy or dog).
8.Buyer agrees the Seller is not responsible for the development of disqualifying faults, diseases, or disorders, however caused, except as provided in Paragraphs 3 or 7 above. 9.Seller agrees to register dog with AKC and NAVHDA. Registration is Limited or Breeding Restricted, until such time Buyer tests dog in NAVHDA Natural Ability test. NAVHDA Natural ability test must be completed on or before 16 months of age from date of whelping. 10.Upon proof of Natural Ability Test Record, Seller agrees to sign all necessary paperwork to change Limited or Breeding Restricted, status for AKC and NAVHDA, to open thus allowing any litters produced from the dog/bitch eligible for registration. All fees associated with cost for change of registration status will be paid for by the Buyer. NAVHDA test records are published and can be verified on-line at http://www.navhda.org/.
11. The Seller is hereby released from any and all further liability to Buyer with regard to dog and is understood that no other conditions, guarantees, or obligations except for those provided in #3 and 7 concerning the sale of the puppy shall every apply; and furthermore it is hereby expressly understood and agreed that from the date of this agreement Buyer accepts all liability for the actions of the Puppy and holds Seller harmless with regard to any and all third parties.
12. Should any suit or action between the parties arise out of this agreement, the parties agree the venue shall lie in Lewis and Clark County, Helena, Montana. The laws of the State of Montana shall apply in any such proceedings.
Agreement dated this _______ day of ______________, 20___.
_______________________ (Buyer)_________________________ (Seller)
Print Buyer Name and Address: